[tex4ht] [bug #618] Incomplete XML Document, domfilter error, truncated build on large file.

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Thu Dec 14 16:02:06 CET 2023

In case someone would like to try compiling this in tex4ht,
and see if they can reproduce these errors, here are the
instructions:

The errors you should see at the end are these:

<https://12000.org/tmp/tex4ht_XML_DVI_problem/screen_shot.png>

The following ZIP file contains the folder with all files
needed to compile report.tex in it

<https://12000.org/tmp/tex4ht_XML_DVI_problem/210_Hebisch.zip>

It is 450 MB.

After downloading and unzipping, cd to the folder it creates.

There is a file called build.sh, so all what you need to do is

    ./build.sh

The file is

-------------------
#!/bin/bash
echo "starting compile..."
export TEXMFCNF=.:/usr/local/texlive/2023/texmf-dist/web2c
make4ht  --shell-escape -ulm default -a debug -f html5+join_colors  -c ./nma_mathjax.cfg -e ./MAIN.mk4 report.tex "mathjax,htm,4,fn-in,notoc*,p-width,charset=utf-8,cut-fullname,nostyle" "-cunihtf -utf8"
---------------------------------------

The reason I have export TEXMFCNF=.:/usr/local/texlive/2023/texmf-dist/web2c in
the above is because I have my own texmf.cnf in this folder. This is needed
to increase the counters to handle this file, else it will fail:

----------- my texmf.cnf-------------
% (Public domain.)
% This texmf.cnf file should contain only your personal changes from the
% original texmf.cnf (for example, as chosen in the installer).
%
% That is, if you need to make changes to texmf.cnf, put your custom
% settings in this file, which is .../texlive/YYYY/texmf.cnf, rather than
% the distributed file (which is .../texlive/YYYY/texmf-dist/web2c/texmf.cnf).
% And include *only* your changed values, not a copy of the whole thing!
%
buf_size=9000000
pool_size=9000000
main_memory=8000000
save_size=1000000
max_strings = 5000000
strings_free = 1000000
hash_extra=10000000
stack_size=500000
------------------

If you do not want to use the export command above, the other option is
to copy my texmf.cnf to your /usr/local/texlive/2023/texmf.cnf as root.

The above build.sh assumes you are using TL 2023, if not please change
the path shown.

After you start ./build.sh it will take about 12-16 hrs or so depending
on the speed and memory of your PC.

I tested the above in new Linux installation with new TL 2023 installed
and it works.

Any problems running the build please let me know.

Thanks