[tex4ht] [bug #592] inconsistent font sizes used for subsubsection/paragraph titles in tex4ht. How to fix?

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Sun Jan 1 22:04:37 CET 2023

On 1/1/2023 2:49 PM, Michal Hoftich wrote:
> as it is
> preferable if users set high level design elements themselves

The way I look at it, I use tex4ht to convert latex to HTML
so I do not have to know any HTML or Css commands.

So the more this process is automated, with as little need for
one to add any special extra HTML/Css code themselves, the
better it is. I know sometimes this is not possible all the time.

(99.99% of Latex users would not know these Css commands anyway)

So if this fix could be automated/buildin in tex4ht, that
would be better I think.

Is the issue is what font sizes to use?  Will not your nice
solution which I tested on small document and now testing on
a very large document

\Css{.partHead { font-size: 2em; }}
\Css{.chapterHead { font-size: 1.7411em; }}
\Css{.sectionHead { font-size: 1.5157em; }}
\Css{.subsectionHead { font-size: 1.3195em; }}
\Css{.subsubsectionHead { font-size: 1.1487em; }}

work for all cases?

or do you mean this might not be a universal solution?
If not, then the user can override it if they want in the
.cfg file they use. Right?

So why not have it build-in?  This way every user gets
the benefit of it.

Thank you,