[tex4ht] [bug #592] inconsistent font sizes used for subsubsection/paragraph titles in tex4ht. How to fix?

Karl Berry puszcza-hackers at gnu.org.ua
Sun Jan 1 22:33:19 CET 2023

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #592 (project tex4ht):

To my mind, this is a bug in the browser(s). Browsers should not render any
<hN> tag as less than the body size. That's nonsensical.

But given that reality, and that it's unlikely to change, my suggestion for
tex4ht is to avoid h5 and h6, since they are useless, and just use h4 for all
those lower-level sectioning elements. Maybe with a class="subsubsection" or
whatever so they can be distinguished if anyone cares to.

This seems cleaner to me than specifying explicit sizes for everything.