Problems with automatic conversion from `.eps` to `.pdf` (pdf/lua)latex (windows)

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Wed Mar 29 21:22:42 CEST 2023

On Wed, Mar 29, 2023 at 10:44:13AM -0300, Pablo González L wrote:
> With the latest update it has been fixed :D
> Related question, just out of curiosity look
> in the directory `/texmf-dist/scripts` I found
> `/win32` in two scripts:
>
> /texmf-dist/scripts/tlaunch/tlaunchmode.pl
> /texmf-dist/scripts/tlshell/tlshell.tcl
>
> and here are the related queries:
>
> 1. The `tlaunch` script is marked as obsolete in CTAN and does not work
> today...does it need to be installed by default?

Tlaunch _as a CTAN package_ is obsolete. There is an updated tlaunch
in TL2023 which is part of the wintools package and which should
work.

As to the script tlaunchmode.pl: due to lack of feedback, I did not
bother to update or test it for the current TL. If you are actually
interested, I'll try to fix it.

As to tlshell: there is a section to install 64-bit binaries
side-by-side with 32-bit binaries. Since TL for windows is now
64-bit, this section is now obsolete. Rather than removing the code,
I enclosed it in an 'if 0', i.e. an if false block: it will never be
executed. I retained the code in case we want to offer arm binaries
in a similar way side-by-side with the intel binaries.

No. Here, '86' means 'version 8.6'. The 86 versions are exact copies
of wish.exe and tclsh.exe.

--
Siep Kroonenberg