tlmgr update texhash

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Mar 25 22:28:15 CET 2023

Hi Martin - yes, it's a deficiency that the warnings from mktexlsr (aka
texhash; makes no difference which is used) were not shown. (They're
written to the log file, but admittedly no one is likely to look there.)

We can fix that. But meanwhile, I have a separate question for you:

It seems strange that the ls-R file is (apparently) intentionally
unwritable, but the directories into which new packages are installed
are (apparently) writable.

Can you describe the situation you're actually trying to support with
that setup?

Thanks,
Karl