tlmgr update texhash

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 00:22:14 CEST 2023

Hi all,

I can describe kow it happened a few years ago to me. As recommended,
I created /usr/local/texlive and changed ownership to me as a normal
user with permissions 0755. Afterwards I installed TL as me, thus all
files were owned be me and writable by me. After some time just by
mistake I ran mktexlsr as root. It changed ownership of all ls-R files
to root with permissions 0664 but ownership and permissions of
directories and all remaining files remained unchanged. That's the
whole story. I suspect a similar scenario.

Zdeněk Wagner
https://www.zdenek-wagner.eu/