tlmgr update texhash

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 22:39:43 CET 2023

po 20. 3. 2023 v 18:04 odesílatel Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> napsal:

> Hi Martin,
>
>     texhash: /home/<username>/.texlive/texmf-dist/ls-R: no write permission,
>
> It seems strange that the ls-R file is unwritable, but the directories
> into which new packages are installed are (apparently). What situation
> are you actually trying to take of with that setup?
>
> I can understand having a fully read-only directory, but not making
> only the ls-R unwritable.

This happened to me many years ago when I ran by mistake mktexlsr by
root. It changed ownership of hte ls-R files but not permissions of
the directories. It was then sufficient to change the ownership back
to me and rerun mktexlsr as a normal user. Hope this helps.

> In any case, I agree it's not ideal that tlmgr omits the report from
> "texhash" (mktexlsr) about the unwritable ls-R. We can work on that, in
> due time. --thanks, karl.

Zdeněk Wagner
https://www.zdenek-wagner.eu/