tlmgr update texhash

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Mar 20 18:04:11 CET 2023

Hi Martin,

    texhash: /home/<username>/.texlive/texmf-dist/ls-R: no write permission,

It seems strange that the ls-R file is unwritable, but the directories
into which new packages are installed are (apparently). What situation
are you actually trying to take of with that setup?

I can understand having a fully read-only directory, but not making
only the ls-R unwritable.

In any case, I agree it's not ideal that tlmgr omits the report from
"texhash" (mktexlsr) about the unwritable ls-R. We can work on that, in
due time. --thanks, karl.