"Remove old versions" during installation

khzimmer at posteo.de khzimmer at posteo.de
Sun Jan 29 16:22:57 CET 2023

PS: Details: If I remember correctly there was a change in autumn 2019:
before LuaTeX, then LuaHBTeX.

Also there was a change in the version of the microtype package at the
same time.

I am not sure which of the changes caused the incompatibility, I was
able to reproduce:

Changing the text run width for one paragraph (or within a paragraph,
for one line) resulted in line breaks happening at other places that in
the previous version. :(

For me that was a shock, as I previously had trusted the "rule" that it
would be possible to achieve the same results with new versions as
achieved with old versions.