"Remove old versions" during installation

khzimmer at posteo.de khzimmer at posteo.de
Sun Jan 29 16:13:11 CET 2023

Hi Uwe,

since we had observed frightening incompatibilities between past
versions of TeX Live, it would be bad to add such an option without
providing an explicit warning:

"By removing your older version(s) of TeX Live it might happen that you
will NOT be able to produce the same PDFs with the new version that you
achieved by using that old version."

Karl-Heinz