Lincense question for commercial app

Daniel Kuster daniel.kuster at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 07:03:22 CET 2023

"But this doesn't matter when you are just executing it in the
normal way."
Does that mean that also GPL licensed programs (like pdftex according to
CTAN) can be used (i.e. only execute the precompiled binary) in a
commercial, closed source-app? Of course with a statement like "this app
uses GPL software, you can download it here ..."?

The idea with the "download the fonts on your machine yourself" seems good
and I'll think about that further, or just leave those fonts out.

Thank you guys so much for your help. I really appreciate your effort.
That's something remarkable - helping a stranger on the Internet.

Sincerely,
Daniel