How should I deal with packages that require FFI external libraries?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Apr 22 23:18:03 CEST 2023

    I'd like to include this in Formatting information, if I may.

Hi Peter (and anyone else who might find this) - surely. I'm honored :).
Feel free to use/edit anything I post in public email however you like.
No need for attribution as far as I'm concerned.

One tidbit I perhaps should have mentioned is that you can select the
scheme on the command line invoking install-tl:
  install-tl -s small
  install-tl -s basic
etc. Can be more convenient than messing with the menus.

Thanks,
Karl