Rethinking TeX in STEM: Online Thu 29 Sep: 6.30pm BST (UK time): From the TeX Hour

Christopher Dimech dimech at gmx.com
Wed Sep 28 19:19:15 CEST 2022

> Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2022 at 4:38 AM
> From: "Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute)" <P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk>
> To: "Christopher Dimech" <dimech at gmx.com>
> Cc: "peacecop kalmer:" <kalmer at test.tennis24.ee>, tex-live at tug.org
> Subject: Re: Rethinking TeX in STEM: Online Thu 29 Sep: 6.30pm BST (UK time): From the TeX Hour

>> On 28/09/2022 17:27, Christopher Dimech wrote:
>> Philip, your comments constitute the typical response of critics and detractors that are mostly
>> ignorant of life around them.

> I am neither a critic nor a detractor, Kristof — as I wrote in my signature, I use whatever
> works best for the > task in hand, no matter whether created by individuals or by corporations.
> Look at the list that I quoted — 7 of the 9 names were those of individuals, only two were of
> corporations.  But what those corporations produce i s >good, as is that of the individuals
> named, and many many more besides, and it is only those who elect not to  see the merits of
> the work of those corporations who seek to pretend otherwise.

> --
> Philip Taylor

People can make their own choices about what they want.  But certainly there exists a
large cohort who are not at ease about how things are managed.  And thusly, will not
allow their genius to benefit the TUG Community.  Only the TUG Community is loosing.
As people get consciously aware about the technology they use, the situation will
only get worse.  I would not refuse using Zoom if certain conditions were met, but
the company has decided to continue with its devious ways.

As Jonathan Fine has instructed, I do not have more to say about this topic on this
mailing list.