Rethinking TeX in STEM: Online Thu 29 Sep: 6.30pm BST (UK time): From the TeX Hour

Uwe Ziegenhagen ziegenhagen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 06:22:03 CEST 2022

Am Di., 27. Sept. 2022 um 00:04 Uhr schrieb peacecop kalmer: <
kalmer at test.tennis24.ee>:

> i have been a pretty heavy user of Jitsi <https://meet.jit.si/> since 8x8
> was free to use and i adore it. Sometimes, somebody cannot share their
> screen or sometimes my voice sounds robotic however most of the time, it
> just works fine.

I have used every tool available and there is one thing to say about Zoom:
It just doesn't work most of the time, it works all the time, while e.g.
Jitsi constantly had issues when you were just too many users in the call
or too many user had their video disabled.

I sometimes work with technically not-so-advanced people, here the "just
click, it will work" way of Zoom is a necessity.

Uwe