Rethinking TeX in STEM: Online Thu 29 Sep: 6.30pm BST (UK time): From the TeX Hour

peacecop kalmer: kalmer at test.tennis24.ee
Tue Sep 27 21:14:55 CEST 2022

Let me agree to disagree! i have used /Jitsi/ with my pupils and in
Estonia the groups are large - 24 pupils. Sometimes people using /Mac/
have had issues but i /Mac/ really isn't a way to go as it's for people
who have options to pay a lot.

As about /Zoom/, sometimes other parties don't hear me and i have to
write in chat. i have even given up to use its desktop version as it
seems to constantly have sound issues, so i always use /Zoom/ using a
web browser. That way, it's probably also possible to record meetings on
the client side on proprietary /Android/. /Zoom/ has limits: free usage
for up to what was it - 45 minutes? /Jitsi/ has not time limit and is
always free. /Jitsi/ also makes it possible to have rooms constantly
open. Everyone can enter them anytime and leave anytime. One does not
have to schedule meetings. Only sharing screen on /Android/ crashes the
application which is a shame.