Indexing fonts

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Thu Dec 15 02:55:38 CET 2022

> I am trying to update my information on what faces and fonts are available
> to the user of a newly-installed TeX Live WITH the extra fonts (both via the
> TUG download and via the texlive-full.deb and texlive-fonts-extra.deb)

Are you running a Debian version? Ubuntu? Something else?

Whatever it is, your investigation will be restricted to that very
distribution.

In the Debian case, some directories are added to the fonts.conf system
configuration and thus found.

> I think what I'm missing is whether either route automatically updates the
> system's font index, either via a system-provided font installation indexer

In the Debian case, yes. But sicne the fonts in Debian are *not*
installed into system searched font directories, but
	/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/fonts
the fonts will not be found automatically via fontconfig.

Best

Norbert

Mercari Inc.     +     IFMGA Guide     +     TU Wien     +     TeX Live