[EXT] Re: tl21 released

Marcel Fabian Krüger tex at 2krueger.de
Thu Apr 1 20:57:30 CEST 2021

On Thu, Apr 01, 2021 at 07:35:50PM +0100, Philip Taylor wrote:
> How does one tell, when looking at (for example) http://dante.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/, whether this is the 2020 or 2021 version ?  The dates give a clue, but can hardly be regarded as definitive, and the "readme.md" file provides not a clue.
> --
> Philip Taylor

Go to subdirectory tlpkg/TeXLive and open the file TLConfig.pm
(http://dante.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/tlpkg/TeXLive/TLConfig.pm)
There you find something like

# the year of our release, will be used in the location of the
# network packages, and in menu names, and other places.
$ReleaseYear = 2020;

-- Marcel