[EXT] Re: [EXT] Re: [EXT] TeXLive 2020 pre-test item: MalwareBytes (Windows) flags behavior of installation BAT file

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sat Mar 7 22:36:44 CET 2020

Siep Kroonenberg wrote:

> So, _in your case_ you can just type
>    install-tl-windows.bat
>
> Better specify the .bat extension explicitly, because you do not
> want to use the .exe. But I can see that the phrasing is a bit
> confusing.

OK, thank you Siep.  At the moment it is installing as a result of
/install-tl-windows.bat -repository . -gui/, and I fear that if I
interrupt it to try /install-tl-windows.bat/ it will not resume from
where it was interrupted but will start all over again :-(  So for now I
will leave it running unless you advise me otherwise.  But one other
thing puzzled me :  where, in the TeX Live installer GUI, is the
installation repository reported (and optionally changed) ?  I could not
see it exposed anywhere, and so I have no way of knowing whether it is
really installing from my Rsynch local repository or from somewhere out
in the ether ...

** Phil.
//