[EXT] Re: [EXT] Re: [EXT] TeXLive 2020 pre-test item: MalwareBytes (Windows) flags behavior of installation BAT file

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Sun Mar 8 12:08:39 CET 2020

On Sat, Mar 07, 2020 at 09:36:44PM +0000, Philip Taylor wrote:
> Siep Kroonenberg wrote:
>
> > So, _in your case_ you can just type
> >    install-tl-windows.bat
> >
> > Better specify the .bat extension explicitly, because you do not
> > want to use the .exe. But I can see that the phrasing is a bit
> > confusing.
>
> OK, thank you Siep.  At the moment it is installing as a result of
> /install-tl-windows.bat -repository . -gui/, and I fear that if I interrupt
> it to try /install-tl-windows.bat/ it will not resume from where it was
> interrupted but will start all over again :-(  So for now I will leave it
> running unless you advise me otherwise.  But one other thing puzzled me :
> where, in the TeX Live installer GUI, is the installation repository
> reported (and optionally changed) ?  I could not see it exposed anywhere,
> and so I have no way of knowing whether it is really installing from my
> Rsynch local repository or from somewhere out in the ether ...

It only displays this information while it is loading the
repository. This was introduced for the case that a mirror is
selected automatically and is non-responsive. Then the user can
explicitly choose another mirror. But if the repository is local and
you have a very fast system, then you might miss it, I guess.

Anyhow, afterwards you can check install-tl.log in the root of the
installation.

--
Siep Kroonenberg