[tex-live] [debian-refcard] Help needed with xmlroff -> dblatex migration

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri May 25 09:08:07 CEST 2018

Hi Holger,

> However, I am unable to get correct PDFs built so far.

Could you instead of sending a link to the refcard Debian packaging,
which few here will understand (and even I had to sit on top of the
rules file for quite some time) send a generated file for the languages
you need, best stripped down to a very short minimal example, and then
we can look into it what would be the best way to support it.

> 1. which fonts to use? (I was told to use Amiri font for Arabic, but I have
>    no advise so far for Hebrew; I read something about Dejavu font, but could
>    not get the PDF built with it.)

A short google for "xelatex hebrew" brought up lots of good advice, here
is one
  https://www.guyrutenberg.com/2015/03/20/hebrew-with-xetex-example/

For arabic one could look at the great example in overleaf
  https://www.overleaf.com/gallery/tagged/arabic
or directly the files under
  /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/doc/xelatex/arabxetex (on Debian)
might help.

Hope that helps for now

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer