[tex-live] [debian-refcard] Help needed with xmlroff -> dblatex migration

Holger Wansing hwansing at mailbox.org
Fri May 25 10:03:08 CEST 2018

Hi Norbert,

Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:
> Hi Holger,
>
> > However, I am unable to get correct PDFs built so far.
>
> Could you instead of sending a link to the refcard Debian packaging,
> which few here will understand (and even I had to sit on top of the
> rules file for quite some time) send a generated file for the languages
> you need, best stripped down to a very short minimal example, and then
> we can look into it what would be the best way to support it.
>
> > 1. which fonts to use? (I was told to use Amiri font for Arabic, but I have
> >    no advise so far for Hebrew; I read something about Dejavu font, but could
> >    not get the PDF built with it.)
>
> A short google for "xelatex hebrew" brought up lots of good advice, here
> is one
>   https://www.guyrutenberg.com/2015/03/20/hebrew-with-xetex-example/
>
> For arabic one could look at the great example in overleaf
>   https://www.overleaf.com/gallery/tagged/arabic
> or directly the files under
>   /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/doc/xelatex/arabxetex (on Debian)
> might help.
>
> Hope that helps for now

Thanks for your hints.
My main point is/was: I don't know, how all the things like dblatex, latex,
xetex, xelatex ... work together.
Now I know, that I have to search for "xelatex <language>", I can do more
research and testing.
Thanks so far

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing at mailbox.org>
PGP-Finterprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076