[tex-live] Re: recent image on W2K - old and new problems

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
Wed, 22 May 2002 21:12:27 +0200

* Thomas Esser <te@informatik.uni-hannover.de> writes:

> Ah! Good. :-) So you want that perl-thing for windows only. Well,
> the minimum is that the installer sets up an updmap.cfg and that
> your updmap.exe is able to generate the map files at the end of the
> installation.

Well, it should be in a couple of hours (minutes ?)

> My updmap script will offer a lot more (e.g. it offers a commandline
> interface for everything that can be set in updmap.cnf, including
> enabling / disabling map lines).

> Does your reaction mean that we can do what I have proposed, i.e.
> creating "big" map files for the CD and altering dvips / pdftex
> setup?

If you have no more basic functionality in the new version, then I
think yes we can, because I won't be able to hack much more than the
current version. I'm off up to Firday afternoon.

> Who shall do this (me)? Can I update the updmap script in TeX Live
> (the existing version has the basic functionality, but not all the
> goodies of the new version; plus: the new version works on OS/X)?

Sebastian ???

Fabrice