[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: More questions on low slots
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: More questions on low slots
- From: Hans Aberg <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 17:17:54 +0200
At 12:28 +0200 97/10/02, Frank Mittelbach wrote:
> > But is this worth the effort ?
>truetype comes to my mind when we speak about restrictions below 32
>now you might think this is of no interest since we are doing TeX, but
>this is not true as the commercial vendors are more likely to go with
>such a setup of they can offer those fonts also for other software.
If such restrictions apply, could one not have that in mind, making one
set of dumb fonts which no char's below 32 for dumb software, and having a
set of smart virtual fonts derived from these for the a little smarter TeX?
* AMS member: Listing <http://www.ams.org/cml/>
* Email: Hans Aberg <firstname.lastname@example.org>