[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: More questions on low slots
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: More questions on low slots
- From: Hans Aberg <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 20:32:54 +0200
At 12:28 +0200 97/10/02, Frank Mittelbach wrote:
> > But is this worth the effort ?
>truetype comes to my mind when we speak about restrictions below 32
>now you might think this is of no interest since we are doing TeX, but
>this is not true as the commercial vendors are more likely to go with
>such a setup of they can offer those fonts also for other software.
Here a problematic scenario: When taking down PDF files from the preprint
archive <http://xxx.lanl.gov>, converted from TeX/LaTeX sources, then the
fonts are not included (saving document size). How should that then work
together with truetype fonts, if they do not accept characters below 32?
(One obvious suggestion is to get a less archaic computer...)
* AMS member: Listing <http://www.ams.org/cml/>
* Email: Hans Aberg <email@example.com>