[math-font-discuss] mathabx symbols in zoomed pdf

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jan 5 14:24:01 CET 2006

Am 04.01.2006 um 00:43 schrieb Ken Massey:

> I have need to use a symbol in pdf, and am noticing a lack of
> resolution, which is especially evident if you zoom in.

The problem is that these extra big symbols come from METAFONT, i.e.
they are included in PK format, which is a pixel bitmap format. Your
Computer Modern fonts are already in PS format, so they look better
at large magnification.

The solutions are either to convert the mathabx fonts to PS, or to
try fourier.

--
Greetings

   Pete

"What do you think of Western Civilization?"
  "I think it would be a good idea!"
     - Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi