[math-font-discuss] mathabx symbols in zoomed pdf

Ken Massey kpmassey at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 00:43:31 CET 2006

I have need to use a symbol in pdf, and am noticing a lack of
resolution, which is especially evident if you zoom in.  I have
attached a simple .tex file, and the resulting pdf when I apply
pdflatex to the source.  If you open up the .pdf file, and zoom in
2000%, you will see that the mathabx symbols are very grainy, while
the regular characters and common math symbols are smooth (compare the
infinity signs).

I am just now learning metafont, and I know there are mode options
(e.g. ljfour) for controlling resolution, but I can't figure out how
to recompile mathabx at a higher resolution.  If you have any
suggestions, I would really appreciate them.  Thanks,

Ken Massey