tugboat articles please

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 13 17:52:29 CEST 2021

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 05:52:03AM -0400, Mike Marchywka wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 09:32:37AM +0100, David Carlisle wrote:
> > On Tue, 12 Oct 2021 at 23:34, Mike Marchywka <marchywka at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks. I'm not sure what you mean by " pdf attachment" and maybe tried to
> > > relate the distinct topics I put in my post. The url thing was just a distraction
> > > but my quesiton concerns including information in a compiled latex document,
> > > typically pdf, so that someone wishing to cite the document could extract
> > > bibtex the document as much as is practical.  When I  release  a technical
> > > report draft  for example,  there is usually a print suggested bibtex in an appendix
> > > and similar information in the extended information.
> >

> > It would be very odd I think in a multi-article format like tugboat if
> > each article had a visible bibtex entry printed within the document.

The DOI is the common solution but for publications like this it
is difficult to get a DOI for each one. The server side code
to just let people upload DOI info is probably trivial. I guess
you could come up with a scheme just to have more
DOI-esque servers and a means to point a user from the document
he wants to cite to the bibtex URL. Multi-document documents
like journals or newspapers etc could use fragments or similar
to generate a specific URL for each citable entity. The workflow
them is for the would-be author to copy the bibtex URL to
the clip board and run some code to go get the bibtex.

--

mike marchywka
306 charles cox
marchywka at hotmail.com