LaTeX/Powerdot rotate problem

Thomas Schneider schneidt at mail.nih.gov
Sun Aug 15 08:04:29 CEST 2021

I am generating some eps graphs for use with PowerDot and LaTeX.
Years ago they typeset just fine in PowerDot slides.

However, now they get rotated.  The reason is that the Postscript
in the eps has a lot of lines that are rotated 90 degrees.

ps2pdf sees those lines and rotates the page.

I have tried to prevent this using:

ps2pdf -dAutoRotatePages=/None $paper.ps # prevent page rotation!

However, this ruins the entire PowerDot slide show by rotating everything.

I can change my eps file by adding 1000 horizontal lines to fool
ps2pdf into thinking I want horizontal display but this is terribly
wasteful and a pretty braindead solution.

I suppose that there should be a SINGLE line of code I can add to my
LaTeX/PowerDot file that would prevent any rotations but I could not
find it.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

I'm attaching a minimal example which has three slides.  The first and
the third slides display just fine when run through latex, dvips and
then ps2pdf.  The middle one calls an eps and so that entire slide
gets rotated.  The files are:

rot.tex       - the latex file
rbspicout.eps - the eps that causes the rotation of the second page
rot.pdf       - resulting pdf with second page slide rotated

I create rot.pdf using:

latex rot.tex
dvips rot.dvi
ps2pdf rot.ps