c&t books published, 2021 Jubilee edition

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 15:59:25 CEST 2021

Clicking the link at https://informit.com/tex/jubile <https://informit.com/tex/jubile> for Volume A, The TeXbook, takes one to the page https://www.informit.com/store/computers-typesetting-volume-a-the-texbook-9780201134476, which lists a publication date of 1986 — nothing about a 2021 “Jubilee Edition” on that page — and says the printed book is temporarily out of stock!

The link below that, under heading “Related Products”, for “Computers & Typesetting, Volume A: The TeXbook” does take one to a page for the 2021 edition.

> On Sat, 14 Aug 2021 at 16:42:18 -0600, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org <mailto:karl at freefriends.org>> wrote:
>

> Just to mention: the so-called "Jubilee" edition (35th anniversary, with
> the 2021 updates) of all five Computers & Typesetting books began
> publication by Addison-Wesley (Pearson, whatever) last month:
> https://informit.com/tex/jubilee <https://informit.com/tex/jubilee>
>
> Vols. A-C (The TeXbook, TeX: The Program, The Metafontbook) are
> available as PDFs now. A-W informs us that the PDFs for the other two
> are forthcoming, and also that the print editions for all five will be
> back in stock "soon". No definite ETA available. We've also asked them
> about the softcover TeXbook and Metafontbook. The only print editions
> listed now are the five hardcovers….

---
Murray Eisenberg		murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Mobile (413)-427-5334