usepackage 'optional' options

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Sun Mar 22 21:28:16 CET 2020

MiKTeX is typically a windows distro. That is why it may not be working on your Mac, which probably has MacTeX or TeXLive installed, as the case may be for you.

I guess you could uninstall your Mac distro (whatever it may be) and install MikTeX on it. https://miktex.org/howto/install-miktex-mac

Never used it myself, so...

YMMV
Alan