usepackage 'optional' options

Ovi Chitayat ovi1242 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 20:18:43 CET 2020

Hi,
I have a package that requires an option under windows 10. However, when
job is processed under MacOS Catalina, the package would not perform unless
that option is removed.
Is there a way to make the option conditional upon the computing
platform currently running?

The specific package is gnuplottex, under windows 10, gnuplot will not be
called unless \usepackage[miktex]{gnuplottex}. This will not work under
Catalina that likes the generic \usepackage{gnuplottex}.
I tried to contact the maintainer (Lars Kotthoff) on record but this proved
tricky.
Ovi