Writing a de-psfagger

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 19:21:27 CET 2020

Hi Paulo

I suggested use 'file' because it looks at the content, and ignores the
extension. Users sometimes give their files odd extensions.

For example, is chapter1.exe an exe file, or a collection of exercises.

I think what you want first is a collection of quick tools that never (or
almost never) can be trusted.

A tool that never gives a false negative can be trusted when it gives a
negative.
Similarly, false positive and positive.

Once you've quickly winnowed out most of the files to be excluded, the
problem becomes smaller.

I hope your code goes up on github (and that you choose Python over Perl,
smile).

best wishes

Jonathan