Writing a de-psfagger

Paulo Ney de Souza pauloney at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 19:14:57 CET 2020

On the idea of using "file" I am also a bit lost because:

file /usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsfonts/amssymb.sty
/usr/local/texlive/2018/texmf-dist/tex/latex/amsfonts/amssymb.sty: LaTeX
document, ASCII text

file main.tex
main.tex: LaTeX 2e document, ASCII text

One is a system file the other an user file and essentially they have the
same type.

I think that any tool that has a chance of making up the difference HAS to
be a tool with the knowledge of TeX -- so my suggestion for kpsewhich.

Paulo Ney