FTP access to ctan.org down

Adam Purkrt adam at purkrt.net
Fri Dec 4 18:20:05 CET 2020

As a matter of fact, I have bought the domain texmf.net,
this summer, thinking it would be a good place for the said
source codes, which were buried deep in the tree on the ftp
server.

I can or rather would like to transfer the domain to TUG.

At the one hand, splitting the place where to place the TeX
related material may not be a good idea. At the other hand,
as I have said, the "real gold" - prof. Knuth's distribution
- is now rather hard to get to. Why not present it proudly,
at a domain respecting Metafont, which seems to be quite
often forgotten, when it is at least as interesting as TeX,
at least for me.

I began to use TeX back in 1996, tetex distribution in
Slackware GNU-Linux 3.0. TeX and Metafont related files
were situated in /usr/lib/texmf, if I remember correctly.
That is where I got the idea to check for texmf.* domains.

texmf.net simply was available. I am not using the domain
or anything.

Adam Purkrt