[texhax] memoir package, \begin{verse}[\versewidth], poem title

Mica Semrick paperdigits at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 12:43:34 CEST 2009

I am using the memoir package to try and typeset some poems, and I am
running into a slight problem. I am using the verse environment with
the \versewidth command to center the poem. I would like to have the
title of the poem flush with the body of the poem. How would I do this?

This is where I am currently stuck in the code:

\normalfont\sffamily\hspace{\vleftmargin}} %Remove centering from the
poem title

\settowidth{\versewidth}{this is a pretty long line in my poem}
\PoemTitle{My Great Poem Title}

this is the body of my poem\\
and its pretty bad\\
please help me with my problem\\
and i will be quite glad\\
and: his is a pretty long line in my poem\\

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been working on this for a
few days with no results.