[texhax] Chemical reactions in Latex

arvind mer arvindmer at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 09:40:44 CEST 2009

Hi to all,

I am writing my thesis in Latex, and I have lot of equation.

But along with this I have several chemical reactions and I want to use
different numbering system for the chemical reactions.

For an example my first equation is

\dot{X} &= P+Q \\
\dot{Y} &= Q^2 \\

After that I am writing the chemical reactions

  A+B &\rightarrow  C \\
  C+D &\rightarrow  A+E \\

In the output the reactions are numbered as continuation of equation, But I
want to give reactions a different numbering.

I have tried to use   \tag{number} and he  mhchem Bundle for chemical
reactions too. In case of \tag{number} I have to keep track of all reaction
numbers and give reaction number manually and in mhchem bundle have no such

Is there any way out ??

Arvind Singh Mer

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand."