[texhax] graphics in LaTeX

Joe Riel joer at k-online.com
Mon Jun 30 16:33:01 CEST 2003

6/30/03 9:01:29 AM, Loretta Allen <lallen at uic.edu> wrote:

>  I have been using LaTeX for a long time, but I am still unable to do some
>  graphics in LaTeX.  Can you suggest an easy to use graphics program
>  compatible with LaTeX?  I'm presently working on a project to include
>  figures from Microsoft Word into a LaTeX document.

As others have suggested, the key is getting encapsulated postscript files
of the desireable graphics. The problem, as you will find, is that Word
does not deal with postscript files, so if you are attempting to use those
graphics you will have to convert them.  Doing so may result in less than
desireable looking graphics.  To get decent looking figures you will
probably have to generate them directly from the tool that originally
created them.

Joe Riel