[texhax] graphics in LaTeX

Herbert Gintis hgintis at comcast.net
Mon Jun 30 18:48:09 CEST 2003

At 11:01 AM 6/30/2003 -0500, Loretta Allen wrote:
>HELP!!
>
>I have been using LaTeX for a long time, but I am still unable to do some
>graphics in LaTeX.  Can you suggest an easy to use graphics program
>compatible with LaTeX?  I'm presently working on a project to include
>figures from Microsoft Word into a LaTeX document.
         Do you have software to incorporate Encapulated PostScript (e.g.,
dvips)? Then any commercial graphics package should do the trick. I have
used SigmaPlot, which is excellent but pricey, and PsiPlot, which is okay.
Gnuplot will do some things, and produces LaTeX output.

Herb

Herbert Gintis
Emeritus Professor of Economics, University of
Massachusetts
External Faculty, Santa Fe Institute, Santa Fe, NM
15 Forbes Avenue, Northampton, MA 01060
413-586-7756  (Home Office) 206-984-9873 (Fax)
Recent papers are posted on my <http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~gintis>web site.
Get Game Theory Evolving (Princeton, 2000) at
<http://www.isbn.nu/0691009430/amazon>Amazon.com.
Please Note: New Email Address is hgintis at comcast.net