[tex4ht] [bug #618] Incomplete XML Document, domfilter error, truncated build on large file.

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Wed Dec 13 18:06:49 CET 2023

On 12/12/2023 8:45 AM, Michal Hoftich wrote:
> Follow-up Comment #1, bug #618 (project tex4ht):
>
> It seems that something causes tex4ht command to stop processing your DVI file
> abruptly. Maybe some wrong \special command. There are no errors in the log
> file. It seems that LaTeX compiled the whole file. The problem is with the DVI
> file.
>
> But I cannot compile the sample you sent me; it is too large for my computer.
> I've made a smaller example that contains text up to the point where it fails
> on your system, and the compilation succeeded. So it is even more mysterious
> than I expected.

No problem Michal, thanks for trying.

I ended up splitting that one large file into 4 smaller
files. i.e. made it 4 books instead of one book. Each builds
on its own, and in its own separate folder.

Now everything compiles OK. All tables show up and no XML error.

The same exact Latex, the difference is that each file is smaller.
So I have 4 web pages instead of just one web page now.

So there is a problem with the size of file. May be if the
number of subsections or tables becomes too large, tex4ht
runs into some memory problem or hits some internal limit which
causes some corruption. I do not know.

But the zip file I send you is good to keep, as it shows an
internal problem somewhere wit DVI. When in the future you
get bigger PC that can handle the file, you can always try it
again and use it to stress test tex4ht on large files.

regards,
--Nasser