[tex4ht] [bug #607] tex4ht with package hyperref and option destlabel creates no ancor

Ernst Reissner puszcza-hackers at gnu.org.ua
Sat Aug 19 13:17:04 CEST 2023

Follow-up Comment #4, bug #607 (project tex4ht):

I tried the solution with config.cfg.
It works approximately:
The anchor seems to be set a bit late
and so the headline is cut off.

The other solution works very well for me.

I found another one,
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/260932/destlabel-option-of-the-hyperref-package-does-not-work-in-combination-with-htlat
also from you.
I dont like as much as the above, because filtering makes the thing slower.

Still I think all these are kind of workarounds:
hyperref is the way links are added to PDF
but HTML came with links from the very beginning.

I think,

```
\usepackage[destlabels, tex4ht]{hyperref}
```

shall work in a way, that `test.pdf#label` can be just replaced by
`test.html#label`.
Maybe your solution with the config file
can be corrected a bit that the placement is more precise
and is automatted if `destlabels` is used in conjunction with `tex4ht`.

This would be very good.
Then also it is not important whether one uses make4ht or htlatex.