[tex4ht] font choice in OpenOffice

Thierry Masson rhomunulist at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 09:22:12 CEST 2017

Hello Michal,

You are right about the default settings in OpenOffice (I use LibreOffice, but it doesn't matter here).
I have managed to change the default font using a personal "ooffice.4ht" file (I have copied the original one in my working folder) and I have added elements like
and
                  style:font-name="Times New Roman"
                  fo:font-family="'Times New Roman'"
                  style:font-style-name="Normal"
                  style:font-family-generic="roman"
                  style:font-pitch="variable"/>
at places where I wanted Times New Roman (in style:name="Text-body" and style:name="p-bibitem" for the moment).
For titles (style:name="Heading"), I have installed Arial in the same way.
Then the document uses Times New Roman and Arial when I open it in OpenOffice.
Now that I understand the procedure, if I discover a place in the text which uses the default font (Liberation as you suspected), I can change this behaviour.

This solution looks like a hack: it should be useful to have a latex command inside the document to install these fonts.
May be it already exits (the documentation I found is quite succinct: a webpage with minimal information) or we will get one in a future version of tex4ht…

On the other hand, one needs also a documentation about the syntax of the style.xml file used by OpenOffice to style the document!
I have made changes to the document in OpenOffice, and then I have opened this style.xml file (transform .odt into .zip and then open the archive folder) to learn (to guess) the syntax I needed.

Hope this "solution" will help someone else.

Best regards
Thierry