[tex4ht] font choice in OpenOffice

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 16:56:13 CEST 2017

Hello Thierry,

> You are right about the default settings in OpenOffice (I use LibreOffice, but it doesn't matter here).
> I have managed to change the default font using a personal "ooffice.4ht" file (I have copied the original one in my working folder) and I have added elements like

You should take a look at tex4ht-ooffice.tex file in the literate
sources, because there are some comments which aren't included in the
ooffice.4ht. The styling in the ODT output can be done in two ways.
First is done in the style.xml file and it is produced directly by the
ooffice.4ht. The second are styles for particular elements which can be
configured using \ConfigureOO{element name}{xml style code} in the
custom config file.

> This solution looks like a hack: it should be useful to have a latex command inside the document to install these fonts.
> May be it already exits (the documentation I found is quite succinct: a webpage with minimal information) or we will get one in a future version of tex4ht…

There is also the HTML produced from the literate sources:

http://michal-h21.github.io/src4ht/tex4ht-ooffice.html

It is mainly the source code, but there are also some useful comments.

We are working on a new documentation, it is in the source repository in
the directory trunk/doc/tex4ht-doc. It is just an outline at the moment,
I plan to combine information from the old documentation, from the info
files, add information for developers etc. I should definitely write
also some information about the ODT output.

> On the other hand, one needs also a documentation about the syntax of the style.xml file used by OpenOffice to style the document!
> I have made changes to the document in OpenOffice, and then I have opened this style.xml file (transform .odt into .zip and then open the archive folder) to learn (to guess) the syntax I needed.

The development version of make4ht supports the ODT output

   make4ht -f odt filename.tex

It will also support Lua filters which can use a new XML DOM library, so
it will be possible to patch XML files easily, without need to manually
edit them.