Handling of dependencies

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Apr 1 23:26:15 CEST 2024

    ! LaTeX Error: File `iftex.sty' not found.
    ! LaTeX Error: File `pdftexcmds.sty' not found.
    ! LaTeX Error: File `infwarerr.sty' not found.
    ! LaTeX Error: File `kvoptions.sty' not found.

I added those dependencies (r70832). Should be effective after tonight's
update.

    Are these missing dependencies of hyperref or of its dependencies?

Evidently so. (I'm taking your word for it, since these are quite
plausible. :)

    More generally, where should I report issues with missing
    dependencies when one install a given packages?

Here.

We do not (and cannot) make dependencies perfect, much as we would all
like them to be, but it's no particular problem to add unconditional
(I'm assuming) ones like this as they come up. --best, karl.