problems with the iso image

bernhard kleine bernhard.kleine at gmx.net
Mon Mar 27 13:20:26 CEST 2023

Am 26.03.2023 um 15:43 schrieb George N. White III:
> On Sat, Mar 25, 2023 at 9:44 AM bernhard kleine
> <bernhard.kleine at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>     I downloaded the texlive2023-20230313.iso image, installed as a
>     virtual disk and started the texlive install from there. Avira
>     found two problems with the install: propw.exe from the dviout
>     package and the wish.exe. Both together made it impossible to
>     install from the iso file.
>
> Since you mention .exe files, I assume you are using Windows, but it
> would be good to mention the Windows version, your AV software,
> whether you have a normal installation or a locked-down enterprise
> configuration managed by your IT group, and details of the errors you
> get.  Can you run cmd.exe (I ask because that has been a problem for R
> users on managed Windows)?
>
>     The file texlive2023-20230313.iso was downloaded twice, both
>     versions had the same error. I disabled the virus protection but
>     that raise the next problem not being able to find a tlmgr file. I
>     gave up are now installing via direkt downloading from a mirror.
>
>     Took me some time and now the downloading will take some hours, too.
>
> And very likely wasted time if the underlying problem is your Windows
> configuration.
>
> --
> George N. White III

It is not the windows configuration, but the problem is with Avira. When
I could reach the avira support the pointed me to the exclusion table
and I entered the entire texlive2023 folder to be not checked,
installation was flawless. I still wonder why propw.exe and tlshell are
only reported virus infected on my computer.

Regards Bernhard

--
*Steinbühlweg 1 79853 Lenzkirch*
www.urseetal.net