MacTeX.pkg Problems

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 18:35:32 CET 2023

so 25. 3. 2023 v 18:05 odesílatel Reinhard Kotucha
<reinhard.kotucha at gmx.de> napsal:

> On 2023-03-25 at 17:09:32 +0100, Marek Stepanek via tex-live wrote:
>
>  > Hello all!
>  >
>  > I just downloaded MacTeX.pkg
>  >
>  > md5 check ok (shasum too - of course).
>  >
>  > After install I removed 2022 with
>  >
>  > `mv /usr/local/texlive/2022 ~/.Trash`
>  >
>  > Installing I thought: hopefully the installer will not mangle my
>  > homebrew with ghostscript. Exactly this happened!
>  >
>  > Issuing
>  >
>  > `brew doctor`
>  >
>  > throws up so many errors like
>  >
>  > `/usr/local/share/ghostscript/9.55.0/Resource/Font/xylubt12.pfb`
>  >
>  > that I am unable to see the beginning of it in my Term2 (zsh). Also
>  > piping it to less does not help (<= sometimes I have this problem
>  > in Vim too - any help for this problem?)
>
> Hi Marek,
> I have no experience with MacTeX and OS X at all.  I also don't know
> why less and Vim have problems.

Vim and ssh have problems with some locales. I never switch to the
Czech locale, I only install keyboards for other languages (Czech,
Norwegian, Danish, Swedish, Hindi, Gujarati, Urdu, Russian, Ukrainian,
Greek) and in order to make vim and ssh (for connection to my Linux
computers) I had to set in my .bashrc:

export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8

Zdeněk Wagner
https://www.zdenek-wagner.eu/