MacTeX.pkg Problems

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at gmx.de
Sat Mar 25 18:05:00 CET 2023

On 2023-03-25 at 17:09:32 +0100, Marek Stepanek via tex-live wrote:

 > Hello all!
 >
 > I just downloaded MacTeX.pkg
 >
 > md5 check ok (shasum too - of course).
 >
 > After install I removed 2022 with
 >
 > `mv /usr/local/texlive/2022 ~/.Trash`
 >
 > Installing I thought: hopefully the installer will not mangle my
 > homebrew with ghostscript. Exactly this happened!
 >
 > Issuing
 >
 > `brew doctor`
 >
 > throws up so many errors like
 >
 > `/usr/local/share/ghostscript/9.55.0/Resource/Font/xylubt12.pfb`
 >
 > that I am unable to see the beginning of it in my Term2 (zsh). Also
 > piping it to less does not help (<= sometimes I have this problem
 > in Vim too - any help for this problem?)

Hi Marek,
I have no experience with MacTeX and OS X at all.  I also don't know
why less and Vim have problems.

But what you can do to see the whole output printed to screen is to
write to a log file as well:

  brew doctor 2>&1 | tee brewdoctor.log

The expression 2>&1 redirects stderr to stdout and tee(1) prints to
both, screen and the file specified by its argument.

If this fails too, please try the same with bash instead of zsh.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                    mailto:reinhard.kotucha at gmx.de