No context in TL2023 source ?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Mar 22 23:56:34 CET 2023

Hi Boris,

    I guess it is compiled with dynamic linking of libm unlike the
    other TL binaries that always use static linking.

For the record, all TL binaries are dynamically linked with libm and
always have been.  It hasn't been a problem in practice, whereas
statically linking libm had similar issues to statically linking libc,
as I recall. (Namely, conflicts with different kernel versions.) This
was a lot of years ago now, so details are not in my head.

Anyway, your error message is not about libm. Mojca already explained
how it came about ...
       context: /lib/i386-linux-gnu/i686/cmov/libm.so.6: version
       `GLIBC_2.23' not found (required by context)

--best, karl.