No context in TL2023 source ?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 06:21:03 CET 2023

V sre., 22. mar. 2023, 04:01 je oseba Max Chernoff napisala:

> It appears to be architecture dependant for some reason:

Because it was compiled on different operating systems.

   for x in /home/texlive/trunk/Master/bin/*-linux; do
>       echo $x
>       echo "$(readelf -V $x/context | grep -o 'GLIBC_[[:digit:].]*' | sort
> | uniq)"
>       echo
>    done
>
>    /home/texlive/trunk/Master/bin/aarch64-linux
>    GLIBC_2.17
>    GLIBC_2.23
>
>    /home/texlive/trunk/Master/bin/armhf-linux
>    GLIBC_2.17
>    GLIBC_2.23
>    GLIBC_2.28
>    GLIBC_2.4
>    GLIBC_2.7
>
>    /home/texlive/trunk/Master/bin/i386-linux
>    GLIBC_2.0
>    GLIBC_2.1
>    GLIBC_2.1.3
>    GLIBC_2.17
>    GLIBC_2.2
>    GLIBC_2.23
>    GLIBC_2.3
>    GLIBC_2.7
>
>    /home/texlive/trunk/Master/bin/x86_64-linux
>    GLIBC_2.14
>    GLIBC_2.17
>    GLIBC_2.2.5
>    GLIBC_2.3
>    GLIBC_2.7
>
> So on a CentOS 7 (glibc 2.17) system I can run LuaMetaTeX x86_64, but on
> the same system the i386 version gives me the same error that you got.
> Very odd.

That is because initially Debian 9 was used to compile luametatex and it
turned out it was too new. I recompiled it with CentOS 7 for x86_64, but I
did not manage to figure out how to repeat the process on i386: the
development packages available on x86_64 are not available for i386. And I
ran out of time for the TL 2023 freeze. If someone can help me figure out
how to get the compiler (and CMake 3) working on CentOS 7 i386, I would be
grateful ... else I can at least try with Ubuntu 16 or so.

aarch64 is compiled on Debian 10. I thought armhf was Debian 10 as well,
but I need to check, the above data disagrees.

I will reply to some other points later.

Mojca