File m-pictex.mkii not found

Uwe Siart usenet at siart.de
Wed Mar 22 11:08:02 CET 2023

Please accept an apology if this is OT in this list. I can't tell if
this is a packaging issue or if it needs to be fixed upstream.

\usepackage{m-pictex} fails in (pdf)latex. It prompts that m-pictex.mkii
is not found.

Indeed, the dir \texlive\2023\texmf-dist\tex\context\modules\mkii\ is
missing in TL23.

I'm well aware that PiCTeX is really legacy technology and I won't
design any new PiCTeX graphics anymore. But I need to compile documents
containing PiCTeX and I'm unable to reimplement everything in recent
graphics tools. That's why I'd appreciate if m-pictex continued to work,
at least in traditional engines.

Uwe