No context in TL2023 source ?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Mar 21 23:13:49 CET 2023

    if ConTeXt is no included in the source tar ball I wonder why the ConTeXt
    packages are still part of the texlive.tlpdb

Because ConTeXt is still in TeX Live.

luametatex is now treated like biber: its binaries are "imported" from a
foreign source.
Likewise its symlinks mtxrun and context, plus {mtxrun,context}.lua,
are all installed separately (and by hand, )

So however your system treats biber, it should treat luametatex
similarly.

Or, as I wrote before, another option is to forget about including
luametatex/context/mtxrun in TeX Live, and and if you want your distro
to include ConTeXt, treat it as its own independent package, installed
from its own sources. --best, karl.